3rd Capewide call for government action on our Mark 1 Nuclear Threat
Landslide victory on Cape & Islands referendum to expand EPZ
It’s Unanimous: Every town on Cape Cod…
wants Pilgrim Nuclear permanently CLOSED
The Cape is a Sacrifice Zone
“Over the next number of days, we would have mapped this area and once we had identified this area we would then issue a relocation order and order anyone within this area to leave the area. And we would enforce that order. This is not an evacuation. [emphasis added] An evacuation is an emergency quick get out of town order which says get in your car and get the hell out of town because there is an imminent danger. This is not an evacuation. This is a relocation.” – Kurt Schwartz, Director of Massachusetts Emergency Management Agency, comments to the Barnstable County Regional Emergency Planning Committee on Oct. 3, 2012, Harwich Community Center
Twelve Years After the Law Was Passed
Can All Cape Kids Get KI?
- Senators Markey, Boxer and Sanders Call for Increased Safety at Nuclear Plants
- Massachusetts: Nuclear bills to support in 2015
- Court forbids Japanese nuclear restart
- Three Mile Island: Writing the Nuclear Meltdown Playbook
- Expert: Pilgrim shutdown a ‘near miss’
- Groups ask Baker for safety changes at Pilgrim
- Pilgrim among 4 worst-run U.S. reactors
- Pilgrim Juno scram linked to history of prior failures
- Important DEP hearings: nothing green about nuclear!
- Is Entergy telling investors the truth about Pilgrim?
- Pilgrim’s latest emergency Nor’easter SCRAM
- Understanding Tritium
- Coalition groups request NRC to prevent Pilgrim restart
- Among 6 worst-run U.S. reactors, Pilgrim fumbles SCRAM
- Pilgrim nuke plant remains among worst performers
View all recent posts
Tom Neilson and Lynn Waldron perform “Just A Little Melt Down” at the “Rally at the Reactor”, May 19, 2013 in Plymouth, MA. Video by Paul Rifkin.